William Raveis is the Northeast’s number one family-owned real estate brokerage. In 2014, our family brokerage became the exclusive William Raveis brokerage for northern New England. John & Marcia Biondolillo and their family are proud to associate with William Raveis.
John and Marcia Biondolillo, through their company BCK Real Estate, own the Raveis brand affiliation for Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. BCK Real Estate Company started in 1981 in Barre, Vermont. John & Marcia purchased Berg, Carmolli & Kent Real Estate in 2003 when it was a one-office firm with 3 agents doing about $5 million in sales volume. The Berg, Carmolli, and Kent families were well-known and well-established names in Barre VT but were largely unknown outside of central Vermont. With plans to expand geographically, the name was changed to BCK Real Estate Company in 2004. Over the years a handful of new Vermont offices were added and BCK grew into one of the top 10 largest firms.
In 2014, recognizing the pace of technological change, the challenge of competing for leads with well-funded corporate giants, and the desire to compete on even footing for high-end listings combined with Raveis’ lack of presence in northern New England, the Biondolillo family, and the Raveis family joined forces. Initially, John & Marcia operated under William Raveis BCK Real Estate. However, as they expanded into New Hampshire and Maine while Raveis continued to its tremendous growth in southern New England, John & Marcia decided to operate simply as “William Raveis Real Estate” because of the name recognition and economies of scale.
In 2015 Carleton Real Estate in Bath, Maine became the first BCK Raveis office in the state of Maine. In 2016 Morton Real Estate (Brunswick, ME) merged with BCK Raveis. The Windham office was formed in late 2017 and Pottle Realty Group (Boothbay Harbor, ME) merged with Raveis in May 2018. 2019 was a momentous year. In July 2019 Welcome Home Realty (Brunswick ME) joined our Brunswick office. In September 2019 Fortin & MacDonald merged with BCK Raveis to establish the Hallowell office. The Rockland office was established in October 2019. In April 2020, Rockland became the Main Office for BCK Raveis operations in the state of Maine. In late 2020, an office in Waldoboro Maine was established to solidify Midcoast Maine operations and grow market share.
Raveis continues to grow rapidly and has become a force in northern New England Real Estate.
We offer the best of all worlds. We have the technology and marketing muscle of one of the largest real estate brokerages in the United States combined with the local decision-making and area knowledge of the true family business. Our business is built around these five core principles:
- Integrity - When you understand the real importance of your work and aim higher than the bottom line, you can build a business that is committed to a standard level of excellence.
- Trust - Our business is built on great relationships, and great relationships are built on trust. We make a consolidated effort to know all clients personally and work with their best interests in mind.
- Strength - With the resources of America’s largest family-owned real estate brokerage and a team of experienced, committed individuals, we are in the position to deliver on expectations on a consistent basis.
- Vision - As the first real estate brokerage in the country to bring a team approach to our clients, we are always looking forward and always improving our industry-leading technology.
- Community - Community is at the heart of everything we do. Our knowledge of northern New England’s mountains and coastlines, along with our passion for its culture creates a natural connection to the people of the area that we are lucky enough to work with.